KGNC is an on-campus constituent college of Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth (Deemed University), Pondicherry under the Faculty of Nursing.
Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth Deemed University, declared under section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 is
- Accredited with NAAC grade A at the first cycle
- Only Hospital in Pondicherry to be NABH certified pre-accreditation entry level hospital
- Amongst the top 10% of 2995 Institutions ranked by NIRF 2017
- Among the top 5% of Universities in India as per NIRF 2017
- Among the top three exclusive Health Sciences Universities in India as per NIRF 2017
- Second rank in All-India rankings as per NIRF in the parameter of “Outreach activities and inclusivity”
- Nineteenth rank in All-India rankings in the parameter of “Teaching / Learning and Resources” as per NIRF 2017
- Only Health Science University in India to have strong Yoga Therapy and Music Therapy Departments of International repute providing complementary medicine to the sick and also training from Postgraduate Diploma to M.Phil/MSc to PhD in these two areas
- Only Health Science University in the south providing training in medical education technology from Postgraduate Diploma to M.Phil and PhD in Health Professions Education
The College is recognised by Ministry of Health and Family Affairs, the Nursing Council of India and is in full compliance with all central, state and regulatory bodies statutory regulations.